Record Suspension or Pardon Application

If you have been free of criminal convictions for a period of time (see the Parole Board of Canada for details) you may apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record suspension (formerly Pardon Application).

The Record Suspension Application Guide and Forms are available from the Parole Board of Canada website.

Although there are organizations who will offer assistance in obtaining a record suspension for a fee, the record suspension application process is straightforward and designed to be easy enough for anyone to do.  Using a lawyer or any other representative will not speed up the process of obtaining a record suspension.  

Fingerprinting for the Record Suspension Application is not available through the Waterloo Regional Police Service. Check the Fingerprinting section of our site to see more information about getting fingerprints taken in Waterloo Region.

How much does it cost?

The Parole Board of Canada charges their own fee which you will submit directly to them with your application.  Additional fees may apply for the various steps from other organizations.  The Waterloo Regional Police Service charges $40 for the Local Police Records Check.

How long does it take?

Local Police Records Check is processed in approximately three months.

Where can I apply?

You may apply by submitting the RCMP Local Police Records Check Form with a money order or certified cheque for $40.00 payable to the Waterloo Regional Police Service, as well as a legible photocopy of two pieces of acceptable identification (as specified on our identification page).  Please make sure you include a return mailing address.   

Mail the form with a money order or certified cheque for $40.00 to:

Waterloo Regional Police Service

P.O. Box 3070 200 Maple Grove Road

Cambridge , Ontario  N3H 5M1

Attention: Record Check Unit

For more information, please email





Contact Us

How Do I...